Monday, October 22, 2012

Kindness


The world is heartless
Kindness seems elusive

Children die of hunger
While rich wallow in comfort

Beggars brave the cold in pavements
Amidst palaces that shine in adornment

Babies mercilessly abandoned
While dog shows are pompously celebrated

Children exploited on hard labor
For the employers to save on wages

Young girls forced into life of sin
 For the rich in pleasure to indulge in

The problems are endless
The deprived are helpless

Kindness seems very elusive
The world is heartless

~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Prompt: KIND 




16 comments:

  1. Dont give up hope just yet, my dear :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agree Completely! That is the way our world is and a harsh reality

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't that the truth!! I missed you!
    Love Di ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sometimes we feel so helpless as we see these sufferings Raajii...:(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did you not ever dream of attaining a Utopian world?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I missed you too Di...will be visiting you soon!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sad but true.


    Nice to see u here again, Amity.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Harshad...thanks...I am back, hopefully for good!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amityyyy...so true...you've depicted the real picture...loved the write..wonderful take..bt yes thts sad reality sorrounding us!

    ReplyDelete
  10. There are so many poor and innocent people who live in such deplorable conditions. I am so glad that your poem speaks for them and pray that we all exhibit more kindness for each other. Welcome back to blogging dear!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks Madz...glad you dropped by...;-) I could only feel too much pain whenever I see this harsh reality around... :(

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yes my dear...I am back and happy to see you all again...I missed my friends in blogworld like you!

    We really need to pray for these less fortunate people... :(

    ReplyDelete