Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Mingling with the Invisible and the Unknown

They must be sitting now beside me in my bed while I am tapping the keyboard of my laptop. And they must be everywhere inside the house, some watching TV, others watching those who are at the kitchen preparing our dinner for tonight and still others are trying to find a great place inside our house to rest for the night.

I feel hazy and foggy this moment. This day was a totally tiring, exhausting, grueling and nerve-wracking one. As I try to piece together the events that had happened to us, in my family, in our home, many years ago, many months ago and many days ago, you wouldn’t believe that we were really mingling with unknown creatures which our bare eyes could not see, which our sensitive arms could not touch and which our receptive ears could not hear.

Though against our belief and our religion, we consulted a paranormal as a medium for us to be able to find out what’s really happening to my niece-ward who was forced to stop schooling, now in 4th year college because of a display of unusual behavior for the past couple of months. So much has changed with her. She’s no longer the bubbly and ever-smiling beautiful young lady who’s got a happy disposition in life and who’s got great dreams for herself and her family. Instead, she turned into a weird-acting girl who would suddenly give you those dagger-look eyes if you try to look at her face to face. She often give statements which gave us a hard time deciphering like: “ I am no longer the good girl you have known”, “evil spirits reside in me”, “my soul is already being burned in hell”, “there’s nothing left with me except this physical body”, “the girl you have known no longer exists in this body”, and many more.

We went to the paranormal’s house, an hour’s drive from our place. We only brought with us a picture of my niece. Upon seeing the picture, the paranormal-medium felt hairs on her arms as well as on her head raised, that eerie feeling, you know. And that feeling did not leave her throughout the time we were in their house. She told us the evil spirits are just too strong. We tried to contact my niece who’s already back with her family in Pampanga but we can’t connect to her phone and only just the text could reach us. And again, we were left frightened by what’s happening.

The paranormal-medium suggested she wants to see our place and we willingly obliged and brought her with us back home. And what she was seeing in her mind was confirmed when we reached our place. She saw the two big mango trees near our house where the evil spirits are residing for quite a long time now, according to her. We went inside our home. Suddenly, she went into a trance, and then spoke with a different voice. We were shocked, coz she uttered so many things my husband and I were left in awe. King Philip was the name of the evil spirit who nagged us why we were trying to bring our niece far from him. He liked her; he wants her because she’s a very good girl. He wants her to be his wife. And he’s mad at us for bringing her to a faraway place. The evil spirits complained that the neighborhood has reduced their kingdom into a garbage pit. They demanded that we clean it and even demanded that we also make our home spic and span because they also live with us. That sent shivers into our spine. Who the hell are they for trying to demand that we try to make our home clean always? Though I know that I always make it a point to make our home clean, I just wonder how clean they would want it to be. And why they would stay with us and consider our abode as their permanent dwelling?

They further demanded that we should always offer them food. What? Feed those we can’t see? I was thinking differently. That is, if the medium was speaking the whole truth about it. We just listened while she talked to the evil spirits. And at the end of the medium’s encounter with them, I surmised one thing; I am not really a firm believer that there are evil spirits residing in our home. If it is so, so much harm would have been done to us. I casually asked the medium that if they really reside with us, why is it that they don’t bother any single member of our family? The medium answered and told us that these evil spirits never bothered us because we’re good people and we have a very strong faith in God.

However, on her concluding statements, the medium told us to abandon our house before things get worst. She advised us to look for a new home far from the place. What? Abandon our home? The home which we have built through sweat and blood and through many sacrifices? At the back of my mind, I already doubted the medium’s tone of statement. I may now believe that she’s out to play a trick on us. If we will believe her, then we will be searching for a new house where we may be boarders and transients. Of course, I am not into it. This is our beloved home and we will never surrender it because of what the medium told us. I believe that not all paranormals say the truth and that what they say is not always true.

We paid the medium P500.00 for her services. And she took the picture I showed her (actually, the whole family is in that picture plus Nicole, our niece, and except my husband, he’s not in the picture). I am afraid she would use that for an experiment. I prayed hard she will not use it. She promised to continue her encounter with the evil spirits and request them to let my niece go, heal her and let her live a normal life in this world since they are from another world.

Lessons learned from this? It was a mistake consulting a paranormal. Our life would have become a mess if we tried to follow her advice. But what I am thankful for, she told us that we should continue to pray and that there should always be prayer meetings at home. After all, she’s a God-fearing paranormal and believed in the power of God and the power of prayers. The truth is, evil will never overcome the good. Evil cannot defeat God.

2 comments:

  1. Liked your conclusion.. paranormal or not, evil cannot defeat God..
    And such people I believe only go for money and might be cheating you.. Trust yourself and your beliefs and everything will be fine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, i guess and that's true...thanks for dropping by again...i become inspired when friends like you do so.

    ReplyDelete